Friday, December 29, 2006

Back home

Christmas was, I think, actually perfect. At one point I was reminded of those adverts where the families are always smiling and they're trying to sell you an idyll that could never be real - well we pretty much were the idyll for those few short days. I felt so lucky to be able to go home to a place where arguments and even bad feeling just didn't exist and where the laughter was long and loud, the food was fantastic and the festive season was exactly that.

Anyway, I'm back in Leam now and the port and truffles are just a memory until another year goes by. I've been feeling strangely miserable for the past two days with no real explanation for it - there's been a lot of staring into space and thinking about things, a bit of worrying about money, some feeling down about how I look and quite a lot of underlying stress about everything I have to do when I get back to work. Hopefully tomorrow I can begin to cheer up and be in good spirits for Sunday, although to be fair I intend to get totally hammered on Sunday night so it won't much matter how I feel to start off with! I'm looking forward to seeing everyone and am hopeful that this time I'll finally enjoy myself at a new year party. I intend to watch Grumpy Old New Year tonight though, just in case!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please have a lovely time tomorrow but don't get so drunk you vom in my house! Thank you...

Sarah said...

Strangely enough, that wasn't on my agenda...