Sunday, July 22, 2007

All were safely gathered in

Well, we all eventually made it. Simon's heroic replacement bus service driver battled through roads that were officially closed to bring him to Worcester where mum picked him up, while dad drove 325 miles instead of 100 and went round the bottom of the floods and back up the re-opened M5. We couldn't go to the restaurant but we had our night in on Saturday instead of Sunday, which was mum's actual birthday, and it was lovely to finally have everyone safely home. During the morning I had been operating command HQ from the computer, with a road map on my knees, the BBC website and the Herefordshire County Council website open and the phone at hand relaying messages between various travelling parties, and when I knew that everyone had found a way through it was a brilliant moment. I played some C major Corelli very vigorously and was most joyful.

The other major event this weekend was the reading of the final Harry Potter. I started it on Saturday night and finished it today, and all in all I think it took me roughly 8 hours. And it was awesome. Please let me know when you've read it as I need someone to discuss it with! I cried, I laughed and I was thoroughly gripped. Definitely a fantastic end to the series.

No comments: