Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Water, water everywhere

The theme of this week is definitely flooding. After the travel issues at the weekend, on Monday I decided I was going to have to clean my clothes despite the broken nature of my washing machine as I was about to run out of stuff to wear to the gym and the plumber hadn't bothered to get back to me. The resulting further flood and a resumption of the dripping through the ceiling of the flat below has finally led to someone taking this seriously, and yet another replacement washing machine will be arriving this week! Let's hope it's actually new this time and that it will remain functional until I move out. Surely six months of non-leakage shouldn't be too much to hope for...

In other news, there was a man on the bus on Monday evening who had a swastika tattooed on his head and a Union Jack tattooed on his neck. He was eating a kebab from out of a plastic bag. It was definitely the most disturbing thing I've seen on the bus for a while. More pleasantly, I went to see Harry Potter last night with Raquel, Mark and co and really enjoyed it even though they'd cut lots of the book out. It was so nice to escape into another world for a couple of hours: I should definitely make the effort and find the money to do it more often.

My parents have gone on holiday today. In Austria it's warm and sunny. I wish I was going with them to a country that is actually having summer this year. The tropics of the Northern Territory can't come round quickly enough!

No comments: