Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Motivation!

I just joined a gym! I found a lovely friendly women-only place on Radford Road and this evening a really nice girl showed me how to use all the machines and booked me in for my introduction session. It's based on circuits rather than just using individual machines, so you go round three times in half an hour. All the women there seem lovely and lots of them are older with baggy tshirts so I felt right at home in my equally non-stylish clothing! I met Sue (of Simon and Sue) there as well and she said it was brilliant so I'm happy to give it a go. Hopefully I'll start seeing a real difference before too long.

In order to go along tonight I had to buy some trackie bottoms to wear. This meant I made my first trip to Primark! The prices in that shop are amazing. I was expecting to have to pay at least a tenner but they were a bargainous £4. I'm definitely going back to look at other clothes when I have a bit of money to spend. I know the low prices are probably down to sweatshop labour or similar, but I reckon I'll have a bit more cash to enable me to stick to my principles in a few years time, and I need to start really saving from January to enable me to go on my adventure down under. I'm slowly trying to change the way I think to enable me to live more cheaply and this seems like a good place to start.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Primark is indeed amazing, once you've experienced the Primark goodness you'll never be able to shop anywhere else again (well I know that's the case with me anyway!!) And I'm sooo glad it's finally come to Cov, no more having to go home or to Brum! Spent £76 in there today, but I did get, jeans, 2 pairs of trousers, 3 jumpers, 4 tops, shoes, socks and 2 necklaces! :-)