Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Shopping!

So, as you might be able to tell, I had rather an excellent birthday yesterday! Today I took the day off and had a lovely lie-in, followed by finishing my birthday cake in bed while reading Cosmo. How decadent can one get on a Tuesday morning?! Following that I toddled off to Birmingham to buy lots of new clothes with my gift card from mum and dad, and I'm pleased to report that my mission was successful. I've bought a red polo neck which will go perfectly with my suit for the colder winter open days that are coming up, a pair of charcoal grey trousers with a very slight pinstripe and funky buttons at the top and turn-ups, a gorgeous grey skirt which I can wear to work or to parties/evenings out, and a black wool coat which will be my staple coat for the next two years. I did go slightly over the amount on the card, but all that means is that I effectively bought a £70 coat for £40 which was my coat budget for the year anyway. A most productive day's work.

Now I'm curled up at home in my long snuggly jumper, listening to Elgar. I'm about to finish off this week's Heat magazine and read some more of my book. It's raining outside and I'm warm and cosy, and I don't have to go out into the rain later because I'm not at work! This birthday weekend just has no bad points to it at all. Happy Sarah.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hurrah for productive shopping! Was very jealous at the thought of you spending money in Brum today...did you get to the cinema in the end? I've just come back from odeon, we watched Open Season which was comedy. Nothing like completely unrealistic animal stunts to get a giggle from!

Sarah said...

No, I remembered that I was poor and decided to head home and finish Cosmo instead. I'm going at the weekend though to see either The Queen or The History Boys, with the advantage that my lovely parents are paying. Still really need to see The Devil Wears Prada though...