Saturday, March 17, 2007

Yum

After doing the food shopping and allowing for this week's buses etc, I was very excited to find I still had more than £6.20 left in my purse, and so I took myself off to the cinema to see Becoming Jane. I wasn't sure what to make of it - I knew that I enjoyed it, I wasn't entirely convinced that it was the best structured film I've ever seen and I came out crying without being really sure why. I think it was a combination of being annoyed that someone would voluntarily give up the love of their life, however noble their reasons, and being depressed that love in films is always so electric and passionate. I'd love to find that - I think it exists but I'm not sure it can be combined with anything that is long lasting and fulfilling. But then why would I settle for less if there's the possibility that it can?

Anyway, aside from all that I did very much enjoy the fabulous eye candy that was James McAvoy in a waistcoat. His gorgeous blue eyes and his rather peachy bottom in the nude scene (frolicking in a river - beat that Mr Darcy!) were a definite reason to remain fixated on the screen. Take a look at the pictures ladies, and appreciate yumminess when you see it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Though I agree that it is hard to believe someone would just give up there true love, and I was very depressed when she did, the movie is based on a relatively true story, so they could not just change it. However, I absolutely loved the movie.