Saturday, October 29, 2005

Answers on a postcard please!

I just found some amusing questions on someone else's blog and thought I would steal some of them.

If money doesn't grow on trees then why do banks have branches?
What disease did cured ham actually have?
If a 999 operator has a heart attack, who do they call?
Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly bits here and then drink whatever comes out?"
Why do toasters always have a setting which burns toast to a horrible crisp that no-one would actually eat?

The toast one is particularly interesting. Can anyone hazard a guess?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Perhaps with the toast one it's for someone who wants to cook frozen bread? Not sure if that would help though...

Anonymous said...

I think the cow question has a simple answer. The farmers saw the calves sucking at the milk and figured that was the same as babies do to human mums so they thought it was probably good for you or something. on a Personal note I'm very glad they did because milk-based products are excellent!
mmm, ice cream.