Sunday, July 16, 2006

Sarah bitches about men again (or Why can't anyone hold an intelligent conversation?)

Three blogs in one day! Some would call this excessive.

I've noticed recently that I go around the place thinking and assuming that I want a boyfriend, but when I stop and think about it, my actions suggest something different. Whenever I meet someone and get chatting to them on MSN, I start finding them really annoying and assume I won't like them even before we've met. All of them seem so over-keen! As soon as I sign in they start talking to me, which I find very irritating - it's fine if my friends do it but it just makes men seem a bit...well...desperate actually. Then they ask me banal questions and I sit here typing really terse answers and going "Oh for goodness sake", but actually these are valid things that they want to know, about my job etc, and I'm getting annoyed that they haven't picked them up from things that I've said in previous conversations but haven't explained fully. (To be fair though some people are really banal - "What have you done today?" is never going to produce an interesting conversation when yesterday's question was "What are you doing tomorrow?" and the answer was "Going to work and having a quiet night in". What's wrong with remembering that and asking something slightly more intelligent or talking about films or books or politics or something?!) Everything these people do seems to annoy me, when actually it's perfectly reasonable, and it seems that actually I don't want the hassle of getting to know someone, even though I'm sure I'll enjoy it when I find the right person to get to know. Clearly I either need to start being more reasonable, or stop whinging that I don't have anyone! I do think that whatever happens I'll always be irritated by people who are over-eager though - what's wrong with starting a conversation 15 minutes after someone signs in rather than jumping on them, or with not talking to them every time they're online? I'd much rather have someone who plays it cool and only talks to me sometimes - not chatting every day also means you're more likely to have something to say when you do. I always used to think girls who liked hard to get men were stupid - now I think I've become one of them! I suppose it's flattering when someone really wants to talk to you, it just makes me wonder whether they have a life of their own.

Wow, I'm such a bitch sometimes!

No comments: