Saturday, May 27, 2006

Ever had one of those days?

Or in this case, one of those evenings. I think it might be best if I just became a hermit, living in a cave with only water to drink and absolutely no forms of communication with the outside world. Just me, some books, my CD player and my sewing - and even then I'd probably manage to embarrass myself somehow.

On a positive note, the new concert series programme is out. I'd thought about not subscribing this year as I get fed up of having to rush round madly on a Wednesday evening to see a not particularly inspiring concert and then get home late. However, concert one features Sibelius 2 which I adore (the last performance I saw made me cry, although that was by the Royal Concertgebouw under Janssens so was something of a treat anyway), concert three has the Grieg Piano Concerto which is fantastic and concert four is Mozart, including the Reqiuem, conducted by our very own Paul McGrath. The real clincher, however, is concert two - the Halle doing Mahler 5. The Halle have the best fortissimo I've ever heard. My subscription forms are going in the post tomorrow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't worry hun, we all have days like that! And I've already told you that you're not allowed to become a hermit because then I'd lose my best friend!

The concert series sounds good. Gotta love Grieg! x x

Anonymous said...

i totally understand where you're coming from! I feel like all i'm doing at the moment is embarrassing myself multiple times! trust me tho, we're not alone and i'm sure there are people who are much worse than us. never change cos you are fab :-)

Sarah said...

Thanks Chelsea, I'm glad it's not just me! I made myself a badge today that said, "Walking disaster area - approach with caution" just to warn people that I might do something stupid, and lo and behold only one bad thing happened all day, and that was when I didn't have the badge on. I'll have to keep wearing it now!