Saturday, September 23, 2006

A lady who lunches once again

Today I had a lovely time in beautiful sunny Birmingham with my friend Gemma who I met at youth wind orchestra when I was 14. We had lunch at All Bar One in Brindley Place, where I had a smoked salmon and crayfish wrap with chips, and then we transferred to Starbucks on Victoria Square where I had a hot chocolate with cream and a slice of blueberry cheesecake - highly naughty but very delicious. Here we sat and planned our holiday! Gemma's a doctor and is given a rota of nights, days and weekends when she has to work, but she has the week off at the start of November so we've decided to go on a girly break to a country house hotel near Bath. We're going to have a day shopping, a day in a spa and a Jane Austen day, and then drive home via other places possibly including Stonehenge and Cheltenham. I haven't seen Gemma properly for years so it'll be brilliant to have a few days catching up and being unashamedly girly, and we've got a 3 nights for the price of 2 deal so we can have luxury for a bargainous price!

My life is so full and exciting at the moment - the thing I'm looking forward to at the moment is our Thora trip to Yorkshire next week, then as soon as we get home it's our big birthday bash, and a week later it's my birthday! I do love October.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey!! I was in sunny Birmingham today too!! Only I was in the Bullring getting mad cause no where had the exact green wrap/shawl/shrug I wanted. Darn. Had a Krispy Kreme donut instead. Yum.

Birthday soon! Wooooooo!!

xoxo

Sarah said...

It's a universal law that when you shopping for one specific thing, you will never be able to find it despite having seen it in all the shops in previous weeks/months/years. It sucks.

Woo indeed for birthday!

Anonymous said...

Oooh yay for mini-breaks in Bath!! That's where Ben and I are planning to go at Easter - yay for mini-breaks Bridget Jones stylee!

Anonymous said...

I'd agree with Sarah on the universal law thing. I have no nice dress for our party...

Anonymous said...

Hey Sarah

I will actually be back in England at that time (3rd - 11th November), so lets meet up for a drink in Bath - what dates are you going to be there? Let me know!

Sayonara from Japan!
Tom

Anonymous said...

Tom!!! I want to see you if you're around! Hope you're OK hun x x