Tuesday, September 12, 2006

More shopping!

Today I found a pair of boots that fastened all the way up! Woohoo! They are mid-calf length instead of full knee length, hence the fastening, but they're flat and really comfy so I can wear them both to work and at other times, and they look really pretty which means I can ignore the ever-so-slight pinching at the top of the zip. Plus they were from a cheap shop (Deichmann in Cov) so they were £2 cheaper than the limit I set myself. Hurrah. Hopefully now with my new-found enthusiasm for exercise they'll fasten up even more easily before long.

Speaking of which - exercise is fantastic! Apart from my four week crazy motivation time back in January, I've found it almost impossible to make myself do aerobics once I got home from work, as I've been tired and hungry and not in the mood to throw myself round the room for half an hour and then have to shower and dry my hair. However, I've always enjoyed doing it in the morning at weekends - it's a great way to start the day and makes me feel less hungry. So, this week I've been getting up half an hour early on work days too and starting the day with 20 minutes of madness. I never thought I'd be able to imagine anything good about waking up at 5.45, but it makes me feel fantastic and I'm not tired yet either. I'm really hoping I can keep this up, and I think I should be able to as once I'm awake it's a waste of time being up early unless I exercise, plus at that time of the morning I don't have enough brain cells to talk myself out of it! I like motivated Sarah - hopefully with enough commitment I'll soon be back to looking like the picture of myself I have stuck on my Motivation Board. I think that calls for a second "Woohoo". Woohoo.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

PS - Today I bought 3 pairs of funky tights and 4 pairs of earrings...

Anonymous said...

mmm, boots. mmm, earrings. mmm, tights.


mmm.

Anonymous said...

woohooo! I too can join you in the getting up at 5.45 club...unfortunately my early start is in order to sit on a train for over an hour- London is making me seriously exerciseless and all the post-work drinks and in-meeting jelly babies are making me seriously fat! xx